I
have actually known about this for a long time. Only today did it come to me as
one of those 'AHA' moments you read and hear about. They feel so good. I am
going to call it THE Amazing Diet-because it is. It is truly revolutionary.
I
need some marketing help with it. Any volunteers? I am convinced it will make
me famous, rich, and maybe even lose some weight. After all isn't that the idea
of a diet?
Some background if you will. I knew
someone who was a very big part of my life for 14 years. She had every diet
book ever written and maybe some still on the drawing boards I don't know. On
top of that she had probably 4-6 pieces of exercise equipment maybe more
because when she ran out of room for them she would put them in storage.
She
had very good intentions. That is where it ended. She hadn't even read most of
the books. She barely used the exercise equipment-little or not at all. When I
met her she was a big boned person who over the years gained weight like all
Americans. A sedentary lifestyle and some bad habits will do that.
She
loved chocolate-don't we all? She loved her desserts daily. Other than that she
ate a very healthy diet-fresh fruits, veggies, chicken, seafood-good stuff. But
she ate and ate.
She
couldn't understand why she gained weight. I told her my soon to be revealed
secret diet, THE Amazing Diet. She laughed at me and told me I was nuts. I am
not nuts.
I
am a diabetic and have been for the better part of 15 years or so. For
diabetics and soon to be diabetics (you may or may not know who you are) being
overweight and/or obesity is the number one risk factor for developing the
disease which affects 21 plus million Americans and is fast becoming a worldwide
epidemic.
For
diabetics watching weight is a much more serious issue than how you look. It is
about life and death-pure and simple.
I
have struggled with weight most of my life. I spent over half of it in the food
biz and have weak will power. I have tried a few diets: Atkins, see food,
popcorn etc. and none of them worked for me. Then it came to me one night years
ago. Here it is revealed for the first time.
IF
YOU BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU TAKE IN YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT.
Only today did I get the enormity of it all. THE Amazing
Diet is born. Here are the principles of it.
1.
EXERCISE 30 minutes a day at least 5 days a week. Walking is okay. Try the
magic number of 10,000 steps. Check with your doc first.
2.
WATCH what you eat. And I don't mean with one eye either. Low fat, high
fiber, fresh fruits and vegetables. I love salmon. Chicken is good too. Just
not KFC. I go off the wagon occasionally just to prove I am human.
3.
DRINK lots of water. 8-10 8 oz glasses seems to be the consensus. I am
going to invent a device like a backpack with a flexible straw that you can
strap on your back and wear 24/7 just to get your daily allowance.
4.
THROW all the diet books and diet pills away. THEY DON’T WORK AMERICA.
Next to bottled water it is the biggest scam perpetrated on the public.
5.
VERIFY this with your doctor. Don't take my word for it. Who am I to tell
you how to lose weight? If he says yes then you can thank me and send money.
Follow
this diet and you will lose weight and if you don't have diabetes you will
avoid it. If you do have it you will be happily in control of it.

No comments: